The Complete Walt Disney World Character List & Meet and Greet Experience Tips
Updated: Feb 15, 2022
Character meet and greets are officially my favorite activity with Tallulah in the parks right now. She's a big fan of smiling and waving her way through the park, so meeting characters is right up her alley. I’m also secretly hoping that being around characters from an early age will help her to not be scared of them in the future...we'll see how long it lasts.
I have to say, as an adult, I used to feel somewhat awkward in character meet and greet situations because I didn't always know what to say or do. However, being married to someone who rocks at talking with characters since he has some former experience of his own (see picture below of my Prince Charming ;)), has really helped me learn how to make the most of character interactions.
Not only are those tips below, but I’ve compiled a complete list of characters that are currently available for in-park meet and greets (not including dining experiences that requires a reservation).
I know that may seem excessive, but if you're like me and plan for your upcoming Disney day(s) after your kids go to bed, the list on the My Disney Experience app will only show the characters that are still doing meet and greets for the day in the park. Since most characters do meet and greets only during daylight hours, the list on the app doesn't show the characters after hours, which makes it hard to plan. Hopefully the list below helps give you the tools to explore all of your available Disney-day options no matter what time you're planning, day or night.
First things first... here are our character interaction tips
- I like to make sure Tallulah knows I'm there for her and that she's safe. I usually talk to her about the character and encourage her to watch other families experience the interaction. Then when it's our turn, I let her hold on to me as long as she'd like, but usually by me greeting and interacting with the characters, she knows she's safe and will want to interact right away with them herself.
- For any character that can talk with you, we love asking about their sidekick/pet or how their significant other is doing. They have such cute little stories to share.
- With Tallulah, I love asking any character we meet if they’d be willing to sit with her for a photo. Everyone we've asked has been happy to do it... and some even wanted to snuggle her extra long. I think this is also really nice from a safety aspect for both the characters knowing they can interact with her without fear of her toppling over since she’s already sitting, and for Tallulah because I can tell she feels more comfortable when they spend time with her at her level.
- We love asking how they recommend we pose for a picture. The characters and attendants have some adorable poses that fit so well with their characters. Incorporating the suggested poses is a fun way to keep each experience fresh and creative.
- Be present in the experience and let the Photopass photographer take your pics with their camera and your phone. You can enjoy the moment and get some great candids and posed shots from a professional in the meantime.
- There's no height requirement for character experiences :) So if your party is finishing up a ride your little one can't go on, spending time with a character is a wonderful way to enjoy a special experience together.
- Lastly, enjoy your time with the characters and don't rush. Every character that we've encountered, has been so kind and happy to spend time with us, even the villains... just in their own way. It's such a fun experience that you've waited in line to enjoy, so make the most of the moment... ask questions, take pictures and soak it all in. One great thing about character experiences is that they're different every single time, so I can always count on meet and greets to provide a new and fun moment no matter how many times we visit a character.
Secondly... as promised, below is the list of all of the current in-park character experiences listed alphabetically by park. I've also noted if they offer FastPass+ and/or Standby, and added some photos from Tallulah’s meet and greet adventures as well :)
- Aladdin - standby - located across from The Magic Carpets of Aladdin next to the Dole Whip stand
- Jack Sparrow - standby - located outside the Pirates of the Caribbean queue
- Jasmine - standby - located across from The Magic Carpets of Aladdin next to the Dole Whip stand
- Alice - standby - located in front of the Mad Tea Party
- Anastasia & Drizella - standby - in the morning they are by the Cinderella fountain on the backside of the castle. In the afternoon they're located at the castle wall area which is between Prince Charming Regal Carrousel and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Ariel - FP+ and Standby- located in her grotto next to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Cinderella - FP+ and Standby - located inside Princess Fairytale Hall
- Elena - FP+ and Standby - located inside Princess Fairytale Hall
- Gaston - Standby - located outside of Gaston's Tavern
- Merida - Standby - located at the end of the Castle/Wishing Well walkway before you reach the Cheshire Cafe
The redheaded bond was so real!
- Peter Pan - Standby - located at the back of the Peter Pan's Flight queue in front of the Neverland map
- Rapunzel - FP+ and Standby - located inside Princess Fairytale Hall
- Tiana - FP+ and Standby - located inside Princess Fairytale Hall
- Tigger - Standby - located outside of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Winnie the Pooh - Standby - located outside of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mary Poppins - Standby - located in the Liberty Square Gazebo behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
Main Street U.S.A.
- Mickey & Minnie Mouse - FP+ and Standby - Town Square Theater
- Snow White - Standby - Town Square Courtyard next to Town Hall
- Tinker Bell - FP+ and Standby - Town Square Theater
Currently there are rotating standby-only character meet and greets in Town Square for Mickey and Minnie's Surprise Celebration from around 12pm - 5pm each day.
- Sunday - Chicken Little and Abby Mallard
- Monday - Robin Hood and Little John
- Tuesday - Gideon and Honest John
- Wednesday - Remy and Emile
- Thursday - Prince John and Friar Tuck
- Friday - Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde
- Saturday - Phineas and Ferb
- Daisy Duck - Standby - located in Pete's Silly Side Show
- Donald Duck - Standby - located in Pete's Silly Side Show
- Goofy - Standby - located in Pete's Silly Side Show
- Pluto - Standby - located in Pete's Silly Side Show
- Buzz Lightyear - Standby - located on the far back wall of Tomorrowland between the Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin exit and the Carousel of Progress.
- Stitch - Standby - located inside the queue of Stitch's Great Escape
- Goofy - FP+ and Standby - located in the Character Spot
- Joy & Sadness - Standby - located across from the Character Spot
- Mickey Mouse - FP+ and Standby - located in the Character Spot
- Minnie Mouse - FP+ and Standby - located in the Character Spot
- Pluto - Standby - located as you enter the park on the right side before Spaceship Earth
- Ralph - Standby - located across from the Character Spot
- Vanellope von Schweetz - Standby - located across from the Character Spot
- Alice - Standby - located in the UK Pavilion across from the Fish and Chips stand
- Anna & Elsa - Standby - located in the Norway Pavilion (PRO TIP - if you visit during the Coco show in Mexico, the line tends to be shorter.)
- Aurora - Standby - located in the France Pavilion
- Belle - Standby - located in the France Pavilion
- Daisy Duck - Standby - located in the World Showcase Gazebo across from Disney Traders
- Donald Duck - Standby - located in the Mexico Pavilion's outside area
- Jasmine - Standby - located in the Morocco Pavilion
- Mary Poppins - Standby - located in the UK Pavilion
- Mulan - Standby - located in the China Pavilion
- Snow White - Standby - located in the Germany Pavilion by the wishing well
- BB8 - Standby - located in Star Wars Lunch Bay
- Buzz Lightyear - Standby - located near the Toy Story Land entrance
- Chewbacca - Standby - located in Star Wars Launch Bay
- Chip & Dale - Standby - located across from the Sci-Fi Dine-In
- Cruz Ramirez - Standby - located behind Rock n'Roller Coaster
- Daisy & Donald Duck - Standby - located to the left of the park entrance
- DJ - Standby - located behind Rock n'Roller Coaster
- Edna Mode - Standby - located in Pixar Place (this area is located across from the former entrance and exit of Toy Story Midway Mania)
- Fancy Nancy - Standby - located in front of the Disney Junior Dance Party!
- Goofy - Standby - located across from Baseline Tap House
- Sulley & Mike - Standby - located by One Man's Dream
- Jessie - Standby - located near the Toy Story Land entrance
- Kylo Ren - Standby - located in Star Wars Launch Bay
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse - Standby - located across from Sci- Fi Dine-In
- Olaf - Standby - located across from the Backlot Express/ Jedi Training Academy
- Pluto - Standby - located outside of the Disney Junior Dance Party!
- Vampirina - Standby - located outside of the Disney Junior Dance Party!
- Woody - Standby - located near the Toy Story Land entrance
- Chip and Dale - Standby - located in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Daisy Duck - Standby - located in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Donald Duck - Standby - located in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Dug & Russell - Standby - located next to the Tough to be a Bug entrance
- Goofy - Standby - located in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Launchpad McQuack - Standby - located in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse - FP+ and Standby - located in Adventurers Outpost
- Pocahontas - Standby - located on the Discovery Island Trails West
- Scrooge McDuck - Standby - located in Dinoland U.S.A.
I'd love to hear about your favorite character experiences! Share your stories and photos in the comments section :)